Thursday, December 27, 2007

My New Year Resolution

I realise talking about New Year resolutions is a bit trite and unoriginal but, the things is, when the last days of December are rolling around, and so I am, it always seems like an appropriate topic. It's that time of year when all the champagne, ham, pudding and other Christmas goodies seem to suddenly morph from good cheer into a thicker waistline and the well-worn, and time honoured, tradition of the New Year's resolution.

Mine never change; I'm a reputed recycler of resolutions. I tell you, if I actually stuck to all of my New Year's resolutions I'd have a body fit for the cat walk of a Victoria's Secret parade! I'd be so freaking healthy I'd just about glow the dark! And, of course, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this because I'd be too busy sweating it out at the gym or pounding the pavement!

Ok, so, this year I'm trying a completely different strategy. I'm not going to deny myself anything! I solemnly swear to indulge my in love of all things delicious and chocolatey. Under no circumstances will I refuse extra helpings of my favourite dessert! I will drink at least six cups of coffee a day with sugar and cream! Yes, I'm saying good bye to those shorts and runners of mine, and hellooooo to big Macs and fries! And, if I feel like laying in front of the telly, in my loosest fitting tracky, munching potato chips for hours on end, damn it, I'll do that too!

Now, the way I figure it, from past experiences, is that I'll have broken all of these new New Year resolutions by mid January at the very latest. So, using this brilliant reverse-self-psychology plan of mine, I'm estimating that by the end of March I'll be fitter and healthier than I've been in years!

No comments: