Wednesday, August 29, 2007

You just love me cause I'm good in bed.

And, to think, I feared I would go my whole life without ever getting the chance to pen that phrase.

Seriously, though, how important is sex in an intimate relationship? Sure, good sex may satisfy physically, but what about emotionally? According to Dr. Linda Banner, Ph.D., a licensed sex therapist specializing in marriage and relationship counseling and a researcher associated with Stanford University Medical School,"Sex can be a wonderful cementer or a terrible wedge".

Sex? That always tends to sound kind of sterile to me. It's just not the same as 'making love', is it? I just bet Giacomo Casanova never asked a woman, "D' ya wanna have sex?" Sex is merely a physical thing. If sex was all we needed then masturbation would provide true and complete sexual satisfaction and that's really just not the case.

My other half freely admits he used to masterbate all the time when he was younger. He reckons he never used to do so much for his own pleasure as much as wanting to spite the Pope and all that "every sperm is scared" thing.

Ah, but I digress.

Do you don't really to be an accomplished sexual athlete, or being poring over the Kama Sutra night after night to have a good strong relationship?

A survey I read recently found a quarter of more than 3,000 women aged 18-45 said they "often can't be bothered" to have sex and were "happy with a cuddle". So, does good sex make a good relationship, or a does good relationship make good sex?

I guess people who marry virgins as virgins would say a good relationship is more important.
While someone who's more experienced might place equal, or more, emphasis on the physical side.

I tend to think there'd probably a lot less emphasis of how good the sex was if you had nothing to compare it with. Maybe that's why some men are so hell bent on marrying virgins? It doesn't seem to worry women as much. While some women might be entrigued by the idea of of virgin, I think those who actually seek a inexperienced man out for marriage are more than likely virgins themselves.Well, they say love conquers all, but does it really?

No comments: